When you hire contractors from us, we give you more for your money. Here's what you aren't paying for when you work with us:
1) Huge Profit. We're a privately held firm with no stockholders and no fancy-pants owners to report to. Our mark-up percentage is far below industry standard, and it is fully disclosed to both our customers and our consultants upon request.
2) Bench Warmers. Those consultants that larger firms must support while they are in between assignments. We don't have, nor do we keep, a bench. We deploy just-in-time consultants. And, because we have an extremely attractive pay policy for our consultants and contractors, they work with us consistently, we are their partner of choice.
3) Blended Staffing. You get what you pay for. We don't charge a flat rate of - say - $175/hour and pay some of our consultants $165/hour and others $90/hour. If you pay $175/hour you will get a consultant that's worth $175/hour. If a consultant commands a lesser price, we'll charge you the lesser price.
4) Office space nobody uses, desks nobody sits at, or computers and software that no one needs. Our consultants, almost without exception, work at our client locations using our clients' equipment and software. As a result, we don't spend money on acres of office space that no one is likely to use. Our competitors' consultants often work alongside our consultants; yet, when you visit our competitors' offices you'll see opulent facilities that look like ghost towns. The maintenance of these ghost towns costs our competitors money. And, if they want to be profitable businesses, they have no choice but to pass those costs on to you, their customer.
5) Sales and Administrative Fees. We do our own sales while doing our Recruiting work. You don't support our sales people's commissions because we don't have any salespeople.
6) You don't pay for our external payroll service because we run – AND SUPPORT – our own payroll. Many of our competitors must locate bridge loans to fund and finance their payroll. We are fully self-supported and are deeply funded.
We understand the value that we bring to the client/consultant relationship, and yes – we do charge for that. But we also understand that we – the principals of our firm – don’t go to your office day in and day out. We aren’t the people working for you 8 hours each day, our consultants/partners do that and it's our premise that they deserve the larger portion of their billing rates. We also understand that billing rates need to be based on the value that you get. That’s why, when you work with us, you get a much higher quality consultant, for less cost.
Is this a recession strategy for us? Simply put, no. We've been a Full Disclosure Firm for nearly a decade. And while we've marketed our consulting services to select clients for close to 25 years, we're now positioned to offer these services to a larger segment of population. We are financially sound, self supporting, and attract the highest caliber professionals based on our philosophy of taking less for “the firm” and giving more to our consultants – and in the end, to our client.